- The following are written instruction.
ACE “OPTION 5” TWIN PLATE ASSEMBLY
THE ACE TWIN PLATE CONSISTS OF A BILLET STEEL FLYWHEEL, BILLET STEEL INTERMEDIATE PLATE AND A PRESSURE PLATE WITH A BILLET STEEL BASE PLATE.
THIS REMARKABLE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY FEATURES 10.5’’ COMPOSITE CLUTCH PLATES WITH AN INTERGRAL SPRUNG HUB WHICH DELIVERS VERY SMOOTH CLUTCH OPERATION YET WITH THE ABILITY TO HOLD HIGH POWER LEVELS IN EXCESS OF 650hp
WHEN FITTING THIS ASSEMBLY IT IS IMPORTANT TO ENSURE THAT THESE SET UP INSTRUCTIONS ARE ADHERED TO.
- Thoroughly clean block face (and sandwich plate if fitted)
- Fit the flywheel and torque to specifications using new bolts, and Loctite sparingly on the threads.
- Fit new spigot bearing and ensure that the spigot/pilot bush or bearing is locating and adequately supporting the input shaft, take measurements to confirm this!
- Failure to check this will result in transmission damage.
- Clean flywheel face, intermediate plate and pressure plate face with Thinners and a clean cloth.
- DO NOT grease the clutch spline.
- DO NOT touch the surfaces of the clutch plate with dirty hands.
- Fit clutch using correct aligning tool, fit the clutch plate with the sprung hub in position and then fit the intermediate plate and make sure the springs locate into the recesses machined into the flywheel, now fit the top clutch plate and then the pressure plate and again check the springs are located in position and torque to specifications using new bolts and Loctite sparingly on the threads.