TREMEC TKX – 5 SPEED
TREMEC enhances line-up with all-new 5-Speed RWD Manual Transmission designed specifically for the aftermarket.
Tremec TKX offers superior shift-ability at high RPMs with optimised noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) performance.
Whether restoring or upgrading a classic muscle car or a 1930s-era roadster coupe, the new Tremec TKX 5-Speed RWD manual transmission delivers a top-quality drivetrain solution.
Before you purchase this item contact Mal Wood Automotive to ensure this unit is suitable for your application.
Freight cost can only be confirmed upon providing location details.
TKX 5-Speed Manual Transmission Features and Benefits
- The all-new 5-speed, single overdrive manual transmission from TREMEC. Designed, tested and built specifically for the aftermarket.
- The TKX has 600 lb.-ft. of torque capacity and is capable of engines speeds of 8,000 RPMs with shifts at 7,500 RPMs. It is available in multiple gear ratio configurations (See charts below).
- Designed for multiple applications with three shifter locations. Compact, end-loaded design provides clearance in most transmission tunnels without floor modifications.
- Increased case strength with three-piece aluminium housing provides outstanding structural stiffness (includes main case, intermediate plate and rear extension). Gaskets at all flanges simplify installation and eliminate fluid leaks.
- Superior shift-ability through the use of multi-cone synchronizers and hybrid synchronizer rings made of sintered bronze and carbon.
- Noise, vibration and harshness (NVH) minimized with gear layout to best control stress levels.
- All gears supported by caged needle bearings to reduce end play on the gears.
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) providing increased torque carrying capacity.
- Equipped with a high-performance short-throw billet aluminium shifter that isolates road noise, while providing clean, crisp shifts.
- Robust design with internal three-rail shift system and steel shift forks.
- Wide gear width increases gear life and torque capacity.
- 26-spline input shaft with a 31-spline output shaft for added strength.
- Built-in reverse light switch and cruise control safety switch.
- Separate GM and Ford case patterns and input configurations. Integrated GM and Ford transmission mount patterns.