IMPORTANT TIPS WHEN FITTING A CLUTCH
USING A MWA-ACE HYDRAULIC BEARING
- Thoroughly clean block face (and sandwich plate if fitted)
- Fit the flywheel and torque to specifications using new bolts and Loctite sparingly on the threads.
- Fit new spigot bearing, and ensure that the spigot/pilot bush or bearing is locating and adequately supporting the input shaft, take measurements to confirm this!
- Failure to check this will result in transmission damage.
- Clean flywheel face and pressure plate face with Thinners.
- DO NOT grease the clutch spline.
- DO NOT touch the surfaces of the clutch plate with dirty hands.
- Fit clutch using correct aligning tool and torque to specifications using new bolts and Loctite sparingly on the threads.
- With the fitment of this clutch it is essential to set-up the Hydraulic Bearing
- The correct clearance should be 4 to 5 mm.
This is the simplest way to check the set-up:
- Using a straight edge and ruler get the distance from the block face to the fingers on the pressure plate.
- Clutch Measurement:________________________________________________________
- With the bellhousing on the transmission and the HYDRAULIC BEARING fitted, put a straight edge across the bellhousing and measure down to the face of the HYDRAULIC BEARING
- HYDRAULIC BEARING Measurement:____________________________________________
- The second measurement should be 5 mm more than the first measurement.
Example: Clutch Height Measurement: 79mm, HYDRAULIC BEARING Measurement: 84mm = 5mm of clearance.
2.________________ minus 1.__________________ = _________________
- There are spacers supplied with the HYDRAULIC BEARING, and this will allow you to add spacers to get the correct height.
- When fitting the guide pin, ensure the correct pin thread is used. Also check the length of the guide pin thread is the same as the retainer bolt which was removed.
- Please ensure that the guide pin for the HYDRAULIC BEARING has at least 20 mm protruding beyond the HYDRAULIC BEARING body. Failure to do so may damage the HYDRAULIC BEARING.
- Now you are ready to fit your transmission.
- Make sure that the transmission is properly supported when fitting.
- When bleeding the clutch, evacuate dirty or contaminated clutch fluid, and use new fluid.
- Finally the clutch must be run in by driving normally for at least 2000km
- NOTE USE A MASTER CYLINDER WITH 19MM BORE AND 35MM OF STROKE FOR BEST RESULTS