TREMEC T56 Magnum– 6 SPEED
The kingpin of TREMEC’s high performance line up, the all new T56 Magnum double over drive 6 speed transmission takes the very best from TREMEC’s current OEM technologies and pairs it with the most popular features of the all business TKO 5 speed. Able to withstand a massive 700 lb ft. of torque, while providing unbelieveably crisp shifts, no other manual transmission on the planet offers as much combined strength, versaltility, and general ease of use as the T56 Magnum
Out of stock
Known in its O.E. form as the TR-6060, the Magnum is an aftermarket version of the same transmission found in many of today’s most celebrated factory super cars including the ZE-1 Corvette, VE HSV and FG Falcons. A world class transmission in every respect, it’s the best transmission on the market for those who will accept nothing less!
T56 Magnum Overview
- The aftermarket’s premier 6 speed performance manual transmission
- 700 lb-ft. of torque capacity
- Reasonably light at 61kgs
- Multiple shifter locations & dual speedo outputs for unmatched versatility
- Incredibly short, extremely low effort shift throws, with crisp, precise engagement
Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road racers and more…
With gear ratios being the only direct carry over from the original T-56, the Magnum is truly a brand new transmission from the ground up.
- Dual ‘speedo’ pick ups to accommodate both electric and mechanical type speedometers in most case.
- Built-in mid shift provisions under inspection cover for simple, pain free mid shift conversions.
- Triple cone synchronizers on gears 1 – 4, double cone synchronizers on gears 5 – 6, as well as reverse.
- Accurate, smooth, high rpm shift capabilities.
- 6 fully synchronized forward gears as well as a synchronized reverse.
- Modern OE supercar technology for the ultimate pro-tourers, road racers and more
- Dual Pattern crossmember mount area
- 26 Spline input shaft
- 31 Spline output shaft
T56 MAGNUM CUT-AWAY
Standard Tremec T56 Magnum to suit Ford. This is to suit a cable application. There is no provision for fitting a concentric slave cylinder.
Tremec T56 Magnum to suit a Ford, which has been machined to suit a concentric slave cylinder.
Tremec T56 Magnum to suit a Ford, with concentric slave cylinder fitted.
TREMEC T-56 Magnum is the long-awaited replacement for the T-56 and aftermarket equivalent to the TR-6060 that currently serves as factory equipment in many Vipers, Vettes, GT500s, Challengers, Camaros, CTS-Vs, and G8 GXPs. For a price tag from $6190 subject to application, it’s a worthwhile investment for anybody seeking the performance and practicality of six forward gears along with massive amounts of torque capacity.
Mal Wood Automotive offers samples of different variances of Magnum Transmission.