TREMEC TKO 600 5 SPEED (GM)
Designed to be a replacement of the earlier model TR-3550, the TKO 600 5 Speed has been significantly upgraded, making it more robust, flexible and versatile. The TKO 600 5 Speed is ideal for high-performance racing applications.
The TKO 600 differs slightly in gear ratios from that of TKO 500. The TKO 600 has a 5th gear ratio at .82 compared to the .68 of the TKO 500.
GM 26 SPLINE INPUT SHAFT AND 31 SPLINE OUTPUT SHAFT
|Gear Position||Gear Ratio|
Features & Benefits:
- Higher center distance (83 mm) from main shaft to counter shaft allows for larger gear sizes and higher torque carrying capacity.
- Robust transmission design with internal 3-rail shift system with cast iron shift forks.
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts improve performance (reduced noise factor).
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) that permits increased torque carrying capacity.
- Single-piece countershaft that better handles increased torque carrying capacity.
- Neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor.
Flexible and versatile:
- Dual electronic and mechanical speedometer pick-ups.
- Three unique cross member-mounting configurations.
© Mal Wood Automotive 2016